Japanese Translation of "Your Song" by Elton John

Since long time, I've been very troubled which English songs I translate into Japanese.

But, recently, I reminded "Your Song" by Elton John suddenly, when I was waiting for inoculating influenza vaccine and listening this song.

It's not bad for me to translate this song into Japanese.



It's a little bit funny

(自分でもちょっとおかしいな)

This feelin' inside

(この心の感じは)

I'm not one of those who can easily hide

(僕は君に対して、簡単に隠せない思いを持っている)

I don't have much money, but boy, if I did

(僕にはそんなにお金もないが、できるならば買いたい)

I'd buy a big house where we both could live

(僕たちが一緒に住めるような大きな家を)



If I was a sculptor, heh

(僕が建築家だったらいいのに)

But then again, no

(でも重ねて言うけど、そうではない)

Or a man who makes potions in a travellin' show, oh

(あるいは流れ旅で皆を楽しませる男に過ぎない)

I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do

(不十分かもしれないが、それが僕ができる最高のことなんだ)

My gift is my song and this one's for you

(ああ君は、僕の歌そのもので、それは君のためにもあるんだ)



And you can tell everybody

(君はみんなに言えるはずだ)

This is your song

(これだけが君の歌なんだ)

It may be quite simple, but

(単純かもしれないけど)

Now that it's done

(矢っと作れたんだ)

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind

(気にしないことを祈るよ)

That I put down in words

(僕が書いた言葉を)

How wonderful life is

(なんてすばらしい生活なんだろう)

While you're in the world

(君が世界にいる間は)



I sat on the roof

(僕は屋根の上に座る)

And kicked off the moss

(そしてできる限りのことを始めるんだ)

Well, a few of the verses

(そして、詩のいくつかを)

Well, they've got me quite cross

(君のために組み合わせるんだ)

But the sun's been quite kind

(けど太陽が親切で)

While I wrote this song

(僕がこの歌を書いた間)

It's for people like you that keep it turned on

(君のような人にそのことを気づかせるだろう)



So excuse me forgettin'

(だから忘れていてごめん)

But these things I do

(でもこれらが僕のすべてなんだ)

You see, I've forgotten

(わかってくれ、忘れていたことを)

If they're green or they're blue

(僕の詩が緑か青ならば)

Anyway, the thing is

(とにかくこれらの作品は)

What I really mean

(本当に僕にとって意味を成すものになる)

Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

(君のものは僕が見た中で、一番きれいな目を持っている)



And you can tell everybody

(君はみんなに言えるはずだ)

This is your song

(これだけが君の歌なんだ)

It may be quite simple, but

(単純かもしれないけど)

Now that it's done

(矢っと作れたんだ)

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind

(気にしないことを祈るよ)

That I put down in words

(僕が書いた言葉を)

How wonderful life is

(なんてすばらしい生活なんだろう)

While you're in the world

(君が世界にいる間は)



I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind

(気にしないことを祈るよ)

That I put down in words

(僕が書いた言葉を)

How wonderful life is

(なんてすばらしい生活なんだろう)

While you're in the world

(君が世界にいる間は)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went to Hatsumode/First Shrine Visit in New Year, Today

What can I do and what should I do? -10

Since Long Time, I've Forgotten My Ambition That I'll Contribute the Society as A Pharmacist and An Investor.