What Is an “Illustration Request with a Strong Theme”?

I keep paying that person to fulfill my illustration requests.

I once heard somewhere that people say:

“Neither illustrations nor novels are any good unless they have a strong theme.”

In other words:

“When requesting an illustration, the request itself also needs a strong theme.”

In my case, I hope the themes with the greatest impact are:

“Harem Protagonists as the Eight Dog Warriors/Hakkenshi”

“Girls und Panzer Commanders as the Eight Dog Warriors/Hakkenshi”

—in other words, my Eight Dog Warriors/Hakkenshi series.






According to Google Gemini, a “strong theme” is:

“In art and creative works, a central subject with such a powerful message that it strikes deeply at the viewer’s heart.”

In the context of art and creative works—films, novels, music, and so on—it means the message or idea that the creator most strongly wants to convey through the work.

Meaning: It presents a universal subject, such as “love,” “war,” or “human ego,” in a powerful and distinctive way.

Characteristics: It deeply stirs the emotions of viewers or readers and has the power to remain in their minds long after they have experienced the work.

That is apparently what it means.


Websites, including blogs, also have something called a “strong theme,” although the word theme is used differently there.

Meaning: A template with excellent performance and functionality—for example, a structure favorable for SEO (search engine optimization) and fast page-loading speeds.

Example: The term commonly refers to an “SEO-friendly theme” that makes it easier for a site to rank highly in search results, such as SWELL or AFFINGER.

That is apparently what it means in that context.

I suppose my blog still has a long way to go.



Still, whether a theme is strong or weak, it has to be something the person making the request can enjoy.

For me, the ideas I can personally enjoy are:

“Itou Makoto Dating the Girls und Panzer Commanders”

and, as I mentioned earlier,

“the Eight Dog Warriors/Hakkenshi Series.”

Even now, while listening to Blondie’s “Call Me,” I often imagine—fantasize, perhaps?—the harem protagonists and the Girls und Panzer commanders as flesh-and-blood Eight Dog Warriors, routing a thousand enemies.



To sum it up:

“It is ideal for an illustration request to have a strong theme. Before anything else, however, the request must be something the person who made it can enjoy.”

I suppose that is the conclusion.



Casting of "Harem Protagonists as Hakkenshi" and "Garupan Captain Group as Hakkenshi" is below.


Harem Protagonists as Hakkenshi

仁(Jin)/benevolent: Inue Shinbei: Kasugano Haruka(Yosuga No Sora): (CV: Shimono Hiro)

義(Gi/justice): Inukawa Sosuke: Manaka Junpei(Ichigo 100%): (CV: Suzumura Kenichi)

礼(Rei/courtesy): Inumura Daikaku: Yuiga Nariyuki(We Never Learn): (CV: Oosaka Ryota)

智(Chi/wisdom): Inusaka Keno: Yuuki Rito(To Love Ru): (CV: Watanabe Akino)

忠(Chuu/loyalty): Inuyama Dosetsu: Ichijou Raku(Nisekoi): (CV: Uchiyama Koki)

信(Shin/faith): Inukai Genpachi: Momonari Junta(DNA2): (CV: Nanba Keiichi)

孝(Kou/filial piety): Inuzuka Shino: Itou Makoto(School Days): (CV: Hirakawa Daisuke)

悌(Tei/brotherhood): Inuta Kobungo: Fuyuzora Kogarashi(Yuuna: the Haunted Hot Springs): (CV: Ono Tomoki)


Garupan Captain Group as Hakkenshi

仁(Jin)/benevolent: Inue Shinbei: Shimada Arisu(All-Stars University Team): (CV: Taketatsu Ayana)

義(Gi/justice): Inukawa Sosuke: Nishizumi Maho(Kuromorimine Girls’ Academy): (CV: Tanaka Rie)

礼(Rei/courtesy): Inumura Daikaku: Mika(Continuation High School): (CV: Noto Mamiko)

智(Chi/wisdom): Inusaka Keno: Darjeeling(St. Glotiana Girls’ College)): (CV: Kitamura Eri)

忠(Chuu/loyalty): Inuyama Dosetsu: Nishi Kinuyo(Chihatan Academy): (CV: Seto Asami)

信(Shin/faith): Inukai Genpachi: Anchovy(Anzio High School): (CV: Yoshioka Maya)

孝(Kou/filial piety): Inuzuka Shino: Nishizumi Miho(Ooarai High School): (CV: Fuchigami Mai)

悌(Tei/brotherhood): Inuta Kobungo: Kay(Saunders University High School): (CV: Kawasumi Ayako)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went to Hatsumode/First Shrine Visit in New Year, Today

What can I do and what should I do? -10

What should I do for improving my productivity?