For a Long Time, I Thought “Oshikatsu/Supporting My Fave” Had Nothing to Do with Me, But...

“Oshikatsu”—One of the Keywords in Today’s Japanese Market


For a long time, I thought that oshikatsu—activities devoted to supporting one’s favorite person, character, or work—had nothing to do with me.

That was because I rarely felt particularly passionate about a specific celebrity or fictional character.


Apparently, however, there is a difference between simply being a fan and engaging in oshikatsu:


While fans tend to support something passively, people engaged in oshikatsu actively try to spread awareness of their favorite subject’s appeal and activities through social media and other channels.


In that case, since I want to introduce Nansō Satomi Hakkenden to people overseas, perhaps what I am doing can be described as “Hakkenden oshikatsu.”


ChatGPT seems to agree.


My ultimate goals, however, are to attract more international tourists to Tateyama in Chiba Prefecture and to use that as a stepping stone toward making Japan a major tourism-oriented country.


When I asked ChatGPT about possible ways to engage in “Hakkenden oshikatsu,” it suggested the following:


1. Promote Hakkenden as your favorite literary work

2. Choose a favorite member of the Eight Dog Warriors

3. Enjoy casting modern fictional characters as the Eight Dog Warriors

4. Introduce Hakkenden to international audiences in English

5. Visit locations associated with the story and promote fan tourism

6. Create introductory content about Hakkenden

7. Create a community where fans can interact


Apparently, oshikatsu does not necessarily require spending money. However, I feel that promoting Hakkenden overseas will require a certain amount of investment.


Of the activities listed above, I have already tried Nos. 3, 4, and 5.


Regarding No. 5, I visited Tateyama and Mount Tomi, an important location in the story. Unfortunately, some of the exhibits looked rather neglected, and there were very few international visitors.

I wish more people would come.



As for Nos. 3 and 4, I have naturally been working on them through this blog.


I came up with two projects:

“Harem Protagonists as Hakkenshi/the Eight Dog Warriors”

“Girls und Panzer Team Commanders as tHakkenshi/he Eight Dog Warriors”


I designed these as experimental projects to help introduce Hakkenden to a wider audience.

Of course, it would be even better if these projects became popular overseas.



In my case, my form of oshikatsu is apparently not the consumption-oriented type, in which people collect expensive merchandise. Instead, it is a communication-oriented form of oshikatsu that makes use of writing, English, and historical knowledge.

(Recently, I have become physically and mentally exhausted because of arguments with my parents, lack of sleep, and other problems).



I would like to regain some energy by devoting more effort to promoting Hakkenden.

That said, I am currently feeling extremely worn down, both mentally and physically.




My greatest challenge will probably be creating introductory content about Hakkenden.

But how should I create it?

The Kadokawa film Legend of the Eight Samurai, starring Hiroko Yakushimaru and Hiroyuki Sanada, remains popular. Still, I would be grateful if the entire NHK puppet television series Shin Hakkenden were released on DVD.




Casting of "Harem Protagonists as Hakkenshi" and "Garupan Captain Group as Hakkenshi" is below.


Harem Protagonists as Hakkenshi

仁(Jin)/benevolent: Inue Shinbei: Kasugano Haruka(Yosuga No Sora): (CV: Shimono Hiro)

義(Gi/justice): Inukawa Sosuke: Manaka Junpei(Ichigo 100%): (CV: Suzumura Kenichi)

礼(Rei/courtesy): Inumura Daikaku: Yuiga Nariyuki(We Never Learn): (CV: Oosaka Ryota)

智(Chi/wisdom): Inusaka Keno: Yuuki Rito(To Love Ru): (CV: Watanabe Akino)

忠(Chuu/loyalty): Inuyama Dosetsu: Ichijou Raku(Nisekoi): (CV: Uchiyama Koki)

信(Shin/faith): Inukai Genpachi: Momonari Junta(DNA2): (CV: Nanba Keiichi)

孝(Kou/filial piety): Inuzuka Shino: Itou Makoto(School Days): (CV: Hirakawa Daisuke)

悌(Tei/brotherhood): Inuta Kobungo: Fuyuzora Kogarashi(Yuuna: the Haunted Hot Springs): (CV: Ono Tomoki)


Garupan Captain Group as Hakkenshi

仁(Jin)/benevolent: Inue Shinbei: Shimada Arisu(All-Stars University Team): (CV: Taketatsu Ayana)

義(Gi/justice): Inukawa Sosuke: Nishizumi Maho(Kuromorimine Girls’ Academy): (CV: Tanaka Rie)

礼(Rei/courtesy): Inumura Daikaku: Mika(Continuation High School): (CV: Noto Mamiko)

智(Chi/wisdom): Inusaka Keno: Darjeeling(St. Glotiana Girls’ College)): (CV: Kitamura Eri)

忠(Chuu/loyalty): Inuyama Dosetsu: Nishi Kinuyo(Chihatan Academy): (CV: Seto Asami)

信(Shin/faith): Inukai Genpachi: Anchovy(Anzio High School): (CV: Yoshioka Maya)

孝(Kou/filial piety): Inuzuka Shino: Nishizumi Miho(Ooarai High School): (CV: Fuchigami Mai)

悌(Tei/brotherhood): Inuta Kobungo: Kay(Saunders University High School): (CV: Kawasumi Ayako)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went to Hatsumode/First Shrine Visit in New Year, Today

What can I do and what should I do? -10

About What New Actions Become Habitancy